I entered a competetion to win a ticket to EuroSTAR 2013. It features smiles, a roar, lots of testers with a stealth ninja type song I’d like to go, so please consider voting for me
I’m a tester. I run websites aimed at testers. Strangely testers seem to get this weird pleasure reporting bugs to me. I won’t tell you of all the bugs that I know exist, but I can tell you of one. The one that made me laugh at first then wonder how we were going to fix [...]
In my last blog post I promised to take some photos during ‘TestBash’ week in a self potrait and relaxed style. Here are the results:
In the testing community, sometimes I feel like we all don’t know what we all look like. Is it important? Maybe or maybe not, either way I think we could have a bit of fun along the way whilst getting to know each other a bit better. So next week, when I meet and speak [...]
During my limited time of running conferences I’ve come across some observations that I thought I would share. This is from experience of organising TestBash. People Advised Me Against It Before starting TestBash I spoke to several people about the idea. Many of them told me to be very careful. That conferences are very hard [...]
I have 3 kids. And lets face it, it’s hard to get out meeting people sometimes. I’ve long wanted to do some kind of networking/meetup that welcomed kids. It seems that the time has come for testers of the world/UK With TestBash happening in March I became aware that a few of the attendees were [...]
Yeah, I’m running a software testing conference. It’s only our second one. It’s still nerve racking. There’s still alot of work to do, it doesn’t ‘just happen’ and we are still learning with each thing we do. We want to make it something we are proud of and this in my heart especially means giving people [...]
If the phone has no battery left, then why is it on?
I’m rather pleased to have had an article (with a positive response!) published over at Smashing Magazine, check out A Field Guide To Mobile App Testing.
Freelance Testing is a funny one and it feels frustratingly behind the times. You don’t have to look very far to find a freelance designer or developer or project manager, but tester? Where on earth do you go if you want a bit of testing done? There are plenty of testing contractors about. Plenty of [...]
I'm Rosie Sherry. I currently spend my time working on building up community and products for the software testing industry.
This includes running the Software Testing Club, a community of software testers. The Ministry of Testing - software testingevents and learning opportunities. And last, but not least, creating a community of freelance software testers over at Test Ninjas.
Join The Software Testing Club
- Get Ready To Read By Playing - Mothering Community
- Adventure Unlimited | Outdoor Adventure, Education and Training for Individuals and Groups
- Handwriting 3 : Free Printables : SEN Teacher ~ Free teaching resources for Special Needs.
- Handwriting 1 : Free Printables : SEN Teacher ~ Free teaching resources for Special Needs.
- Why do users click randomly and rapidly when an application hangs? - User Experience Stack Exchange
- The Six-Lesson Schoolteacher, by John Taylor Gatto
- Twitter / jedi_tester: @badbud65 @rosiesherry Right ...
- Twitter / Mauri_Edo: Good memories... cc @rosiesherry ...
- Twitter / huibschoots: My first sketchnotes made with ...
- An idea for non-technical co-founders: try a service-first business