I entered a competetion to win a ticket to EuroSTAR 2013. It features smiles, a roar, lots of testers with a stealth ninja type song I’d like to go, so please consider voting for me
I’m a tester. I run websites aimed at testers. Strangely testers seem to get this weird pleasure reporting bugs to me. I won’t tell you of all the bugs that I know exist, but I can tell you of one. The one that made me laugh at first then wonder how we were going to fix [...]
In my last blog post I promised to take some photos during ‘TestBash’ week in a self potrait and relaxed style. Here are the results:
In the testing community, sometimes I feel like we all don’t know what we all look like. Is it important? Maybe or maybe not, either way I think we could have a bit of fun along the way whilst getting to know each other a bit better. So next week, when I meet and speak [...]
Thank you Justin.
I enjoyed watching this. In a nutshell – have a purpose! The video talks about it in the context of business, but am sure this could apply to many aspects of ‘life’.
As a somewhat unintentional sales person now, sometimes I need to remind myself to ‘let them know’ that something exists. I don’t feel comfortable being perceived as a sales person, whilst I am to a certain extent. It’s my responsibility to make sure my business achieves the sales it needs to make things happen. As much as [...]
There was a panel on at #vircomm13 the other week about The Business of Community – Monetisation and Marketing. It spurred me up to write about this as it is something close to my heart and the things I do on a daily basis for my business/community. What gets to me every time is the [...]
During my limited time of running conferences I’ve come across some observations that I thought I would share. This is from experience of organising TestBash. People Advised Me Against It Before starting TestBash I spoke to several people about the idea. Many of them told me to be very careful. That conferences are very hard [...]
It dawned on me the other day that I don’t do meetings, yeah like doh, it doesn’t take a genius to figure that out! As a virtual team, instead of meetings we have conversations, (skype) chats, Yammer conversations, emails and telephone calls (normally just for customer enquiries). The more I thought about it the more [...]
I'm Rosie Sherry. I currently spend my time working on building up community and products for the software testing industry.
This includes running the Software Testing Club, a community of software testers. The Ministry of Testing - software testingevents and learning opportunities. And last, but not least, creating a community of freelance software testers over at Test Ninjas.
Join The Software Testing Club
- Get Ready To Read By Playing - Mothering Community
- Adventure Unlimited | Outdoor Adventure, Education and Training for Individuals and Groups
- Handwriting 3 : Free Printables : SEN Teacher ~ Free teaching resources for Special Needs.
- Handwriting 1 : Free Printables : SEN Teacher ~ Free teaching resources for Special Needs.
- Why do users click randomly and rapidly when an application hangs? - User Experience Stack Exchange
- The Six-Lesson Schoolteacher, by John Taylor Gatto
- Twitter / jedi_tester: @badbud65 @rosiesherry Right ...
- Twitter / Mauri_Edo: Good memories... cc @rosiesherry ...
- Twitter / huibschoots: My first sketchnotes made with ...
- An idea for non-technical co-founders: try a service-first business